COMP4300/8300: Parallel Systems
Semester 1, 2017
This is an honours/masters level course that covers a variety of topics related to parallel computer systems. You will learn about parallel hardware and associated programming models, and how to divide up computation so that it can be executed in parallel. We will explore the current state of high end computing both for computationally intensive and data intensive computing. The course will make use of the supercomputer located on campus at the National Computational Infrastructure facility.
- Timetabling of Lectures and Practicals
(small group activities):
- Lectures: Tue 15:00-17:00 and Thu 11:00-12:00, both in HA G051
- Practicals: Wed 13:00-15:00 and Thu 14:00 - 16:00, both in CSIT N114
- Practicals: registration opens in StReAMS on 10am Monday of week 1 of Semester 1. Marks for assessment items are also available through StReAMS.
- The course's wattle page will be used for Echo360 recordings and selected solutions.
- Please feel free to post course-related queries and issues to the course Discussion forum on Piazza. Invitations will be sent via email to enrolled students on Monday of week 1; alternately you can join through the link on the course wattle page. Please see the first post for the rules on using the forum. Class polls will also be conducted on this forum.
- gitlab will be used for assingment submission (more generally, for the (private) sharing of student files with course staff).